Skip to page content
- Josette Beach, RDH, MS
- Thank you for visiting the PCC Dental Program website. I am the Director of the three dental programs at Portland Community College. I graduated from the Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene programs and can testify to the excellent quality of instruction you will receive in the programs. I have practiced as a dental hygienist since1978, began teaching in the PCC DH program in 1982 and I have enjoyed working as the director of our dental programs since 2005. Special highlights in my career are meeting the newly accepted students as they enter the program and congratulating them upon graduation and entry into the workforce!
- Louie Homayoun, CDT
- As an experienced dental lab owner and technician, Louie takes pride from producing hand-crafted products and teaching others his passion for this art and science. A PCC graduate of the Dental Laboratory Technology program with a Bachelor of Science at Portland State University, Louie has 13 years acquired expertise and knowledge in the industry. By participating in continuing education classes and collaborating with reputable dental offices he has been able to keep up with current trends and assist others to advance their skill of learning sophisticated instruments and equipment while performing lab procedures. With advancements in technology and material, there is a great demand of qualified dental laboratory technicians and Louie looks forward to introducing, teaching and helping others succeed in this important industry.
- Patrick McMurray, CDT
- After attending PCC Dental Laboratory Technology program from 1979 to 1981, Pat graduated with an A.A.S. in D.L.T. and immediately entered the DLT field in a small 2-man dental lab in Ontario, OR. Since then he has worked in labs of different sizes and capacities. This included running a dental lab for over 10 years in partnership with his wife Michalene (who has a CDT in ceramics). In 1990 he earned his CDT in crown & bridge. Most recently he left a 15-year career with Kaiser Permanente to become an instructor at PCC. He enjoys teaching and is looking forward to sharing his 32+ years of knowledge with the students at PCC. His hobbies include flying light aircraft & sailplanes as a pilot, building & racing cars, bird hunting, fishing, as well as enjoying snow & water skiing w/ his family.
- Michael Saracione, CDT
- Michael started his dental laboratory career as a volunteer at OHSH in the mid-70s. Since then he has worked as a technician in every job in a laboratory from entry level to owner. He was Certified in Removable Partial Dentures in 1980. As the Assistant Dental Tech program instructor he tries to bring his 30+ years of experience to the class room every day. Michael enjoys fishing, the outdoors and riding his Harley.
- Jin Shin, CDT
- Jin graduated from the PCC Dental Lab Technology program in 2008. During her 2nd year in the DLT program, she worked in the PCC Dental Assistant program and discovered how much she loves helping other people. She really loves helping students in DLT program. She loves music and has a passion for singing, and has even performed in concerts as a Jazz singer.
- Fabiola Romero
- Fabiola is the front desk receptionist for the dental clinic. She helps answer patient questions, coordinates our student’s patient assignments as well as schedules observation time in the clinic for those that are applying for the dental hygiene program. She has a dental assisting background and enjoys working in an educational setting with our eager student’s and informing the community of our low cost dental services.
- Arleen Shannon
- Arleen has worked in the PCC Dental Department for 19 years. She graduated from Oakland City College in California with her Dental Assisting Certificate. Arleen is a wonderful friend to all of our students!