2014 PCC DENTAL ASSISTING PROGRAM
Before you apply
PCC’s Dental Assisting Program admits 45 students each year. Completion of the prerequisites and program requirements does not guarantee admission to the program. If the number of eligible applicants exceeds the number of program spaces, all eligible applicants are placed in a lottery to determine which applicants are accepted each year. Applicants are eligible for the lottery if they have all program requirements by the end of Winter Term, 2014.
- MTH 10 or placement into MTH20*
- WR115 or placement into WR121*
- Psychology elective (PSY 101 recommended)
- Approved health or nutrition elective (FN 225, HE 250, or HPE 295)
- High school diploma or GED
*Math and writing competencies for entry to the program can be met with placement tests.
- Apply to Portland Community College online at www.pcc.edu/admissions or in person at any PCC campus.
- Complete the Dental Assisting program application.
- Include required response to the essay question (see application).
- Include official college transcripts (other than PCC) documenting completion of required prerequisite courses and/or official documentation of placement tests scores. These documents must be submitted with your application NOT mailed separately.
- Applications are available online in early September 2013 at www.pcc.edu/DA or in Health Admissions Office, HT205, Sylvania campus.
- Applications are accepted beginning October 1, 2013.
- All application materials, including college transcripts and application form, must be received in the Health Admissions Office by April 15th 2014 at 5 pm. Post-dated materials will not be accepted.
- Prerequisites must be complete by the end of Winter term of the year in which you apply.
- Applicants will be informed of their admissions status in writing by early-June.
- The program begins Fall term.
American Dental Association: www.ada.org
Oregon Board of Dentistry: www.oregon.gov/dentistry
For additional information about the program, please visit www.pcc.edu/hao