College students face numerous challenges, not the least of which are learning how to manage time, finances, and personal commitments. While developing an understanding of their own unique strengths and skills, students must choose an appropriate major and make careful career choices. These challenges, combined with those of everyday living, present an opportunity to grow from important life experiences, renew one’s career commitments, and oftentimes, manage an exciting career change.
College Success and Career Guidance courses can help you:
- Choose a career or major
- Explore changing careers
- Assess and develop strengths and personal skills
College Success and Career Guidance courses are lower division collegiate courses that transfer to a four-year college or university. Career Guidance courses may transfer as:
- elective credits
- program requirement credits
- and/or graduation requirements for the receiving institution
Students are always encouraged to check with the receiving institution, your PCC academic advisor and the University Transfer website for the most accurate and timely transfer requirement information.
- Complete the steps for new students
- The admissions form will ask you what you plan to study. For now, choose Associate of Arts - Oregon Transfer (AAOT). You will update your PCC degree later, after you've decided what your future major will be.