Building Construction Technology: Faculty Profiles
- Shannon Baird, B.Arch., Oregon
- 18 years project management experience. Shannon teaches construction management courses at Rock Creek. His management experience ranges from small residential remodels to high-end residential construction and large commercial projects. For 8 years Shannon was the Senior Architect and Project Manager for a New York City based design firm, where he oversaw projects from design to completion with budgets ranging from $750,000 to over $5,000,000. Prior to that, he worked in Hong Kong for over 5 years where he oversaw the construction of the 210,000 sq. ft., 6 story Printemps Department Store in central Shanghai, China. Shannon has a 5 year professional architecture degree from the University of Oregon and a Master's Degree in Media Studies from The New School in New York City.
- Hilary Campbell CKD
Hilary has over 20 years of experience in the residential and commercial construction industry, acting as both a designer and a project manager. She has overseen numerous high end residential projects, both new construction and renovation. Hilary also has experience in the commercial sector, recently working on a theater project in Palo Alto, CA and a dental clinic in Vancouver, WA. She received her Bachelors of Architecture from the University of Virginia, and a Masters in Architecture from Princeton.
- BCT 102 Residential Print Reading
- BCT 213 Commercial Print Reading
- BCT 133 Commercial Materials and Methods
- ARCH 110 Intro to Architectural Drawing
- Kirk Garrison
- 12 years experience in commercial and residential construction. He has a strong background in concrete work, interior finish, and framing. Kirk also holds a Masters degree in History from Portland State University.
- Bob Steele
- 25 years Oregon Residential Construction Contractor, 7 years High School Instructor, Oregon and California Standard Teaching Credential, Bachelor of Science from California State Polytechnic University Pomona, Teacher Certification California State University Fullerton. Member of the Homebuilders Association, Portland Metro Chapter.
The BCT program has assembled one of the best groups of adjunct professors in the Northwest. They come from successful construction companies like Emerick Construction, Dunn and Carney, J.E. Dunn, Walsh Construction, and Westlake Consultants. This means great classes filled with "real world" learning.
- Bradford Fox
- Brad Fox teaches several of our hand and power tool safety courses, as well as residential construction codes. Brad has years of construction experience on residential projects. He joined the BCT department in 2010.
- BCT 106 Hand and Power Tool Safety
- ARCH 132 Residential Construction Codes
- Spencer Hinkle CKD
- 20 years experience in the remodeling and cabinetry industry. He recently authored a Construction Mathematics book that is used as a textbook at PCC and other schools. He received the Staff Excellence Award in 1998 from US Bank and PCC, Educator of the Year Award in 2004 from the Oregon Building Congress and the Galbraith Award in 2006 from PCC. Spencer is a certified kitchen designer; he earned a two-year degree in Building Construction Technology from PCC and a B.A. from the University of South Florida.
- Bernhard Masterson
- Bernhard Masterson is a Natural Builder who practices here in the greater Portland metropolitan area, and teaches courses on alternative building design and construction materials and methods. He has experience in cob, straw bale, and earthen construction practices. Bernhard joined the BCT department in 2011, and teaches our Alternative Building Design course.
- BCT 116 Alternative Building Design
- Alan Mitchell
- Alan Mitchell is a practicing attorney specializing in construction law. Alan joined the BCT department in 2013.
- BCT 221 Construction Law
- Bruce Poinsette
Bruce Poinsette has been involved in construction safety for more than 33 years. He is a Safety & Loss Control Consultant, for the Associated General Contractors of America, Oregon-Columbia Chapter, providing safety training and program evaluations for member firms since 1989. Prior experience includes being a Loss Control Consultant for a major worker's compensation carrier and working in various capacities for what is now Oregon O.S.H.A.
He began his career as a Safety Compliance Officer in 1973 and as a Safety Consultant in 1982. He is an O.S.H.A. Outreach trainer. He is a member and twice past president of The American Society of Safety Engineers, Columbia- Willamette Chapter. In 2003 the chapter presented him with the chapter's Safety Professional of the Year Award. He is also member and past president of the Southeast Portland Rotary Club.
- BCT 130 Construction Safety
- Mike Raichart
- Mike Raichart teaches our cabinetmaking and cabinet installation courses. Mike joined the BCT department in 2013 after a career in the construction industry as a cabintmaker and installer.
- BCT 219 Cabinetmaking
- BCT 244 Kitchen and Bath Cabinet Installation
- Carl Tullis
- Carl Tullis is a commercial construction cost estimator, preconstruction coordinator and project manager with over 20 years of industry experience. Carl joined the BCT department in 2014
- BCT 214 Advanced Commercial Estimating