Building Construction Technology: Faculty Profiles
- Shannon Baird, B.Arch., Oregon
- Shannon brings over 15 years of project management experience to the Construction Management program at Rock Creek. His management experiences include small residential remodels in Portland, high-end residential lofts in New York City, and a 210,000 sq. ft., 6 story department store in central Shanghai, China. Shannon graduated from the University of Oregon in Architecture, but his passion now is helping budding contractors realize their full potential.
- Hilary Campbell CKD
Hilary oversees the Design / Build Remodeling program at PCC, and is a Certified Kitchen Designer with the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Hilary has over 20 years of experience in the residential and commercial construction industry, acting as both a designer and a project manager. She has overseen numerous high end residential projects, both new construction and renovation. Hilary also has experience in the commercial sector, recently working on a theater project in Palo Alto, CA and a dental clinic in Vancouver, WA. She received her Bachelors of Architecture from the University of Virginia, and a Masters in Architecture from Princeton.
- Kirk Garrison
- Kirk oversees the hands-on building construction technology degree at PCC. He has 12 years experience in commercial and residential construction. He has a strong background in concrete work, interior finish, and framing. Kirk also holds a Masters degree in History from Portland State University.
- Kris Cowan
- Kris brought his passion for high performance residential construction, green building and community involvement to PCC as a member of the full-time faculty in 2016, and we are very lucky to have him. Prior to joining the staff at Rock Creek, Kris was a Project Manager with Habitat for Humanity. He is committed to volunteer work, and brings his passion for building and building community to work every day. Kris has also been a student in the BCT Construction Management program, and plans to graduate this coming spring.
The BCT program has assembled one of the best groups of adjunct professors in the Northwest. This means great classes filled with "real world" learning.
- Bradford Fox
- Brad Fox teaches several of our hand and power tool safety courses, as well as residential construction codes. Brad has years of construction experience on residential projects. He joined the BCT department in 2010.
- BCT 106 Hand and Power Tool Safety
- ARCH 132 Residential Construction Codes
- Bernhard Masterson
- Bernhard Masterson is a Natural Builder who practices here in the greater Portland metropolitan area, and teaches courses on alternative building design and construction materials and methods. He has experience in cob, straw bale, and earthen construction practices. Bernhard joined the BCT department in 2011, and teaches our Alternative Building Design course.
- BCT 116 Alternative Building Design
- Alan Mitchell
- Alan Mitchell is a practicing attorney specializing in construction law. Alan joined the BCT department in 2013.
- BCT 221 Construction Law
- Corey Morris
- Corey is a licensed Architect in the State of Washington, and an expert in health care facilities design and construction. Corey joined the BCT faculty in 2012.
- BCT 202c Business Principles for Constructors
- BCT 213 Commercial Printreading
- Bruce Poinsette
Bruce Poinsette has been involved in construction safety for more than 33 years. He is a Safety & Loss Control Consultant, for the Associated General Contractors of America, Oregon-Columbia Chapter, providing safety training and program evaluations for member firms since 1989. Prior experience includes being a Loss Control Consultant for a major worker's compensation carrier and working in various capacities for what is now Oregon O.S.H.A.
He began his career as a Safety Compliance Officer in 1973 and as a Safety Consultant in 1982. He is an O.S.H.A. Outreach trainer. He is a member and twice past president of The American Society of Safety Engineers, Columbia- Willamette Chapter. In 2003 the chapter presented him with the chapter's Safety Professional of the Year Award. He is also member and past president of the Southeast Portland Rotary Club.
- BCT 130 Construction Safety
- Mike Raichart
- Mike Raichart teaches our cabinetmaking and cabinet installation courses. Mike joined the BCT department in 2013 after a career in the construction industry as a cabinetmaker and installer.
- BCT 219 Cabinetmaking
- BCT 244 Kitchen and Bath Cabinet Installation
- Carl Tullis
- Carl Tullis is a commercial construction cost estimator, preconstruction coordinator and project manager with over 20 years of industry experience. Carl joined the BCT department in 2014
- BCT 204c Commercial Estimating
- BCT 207 Construction Job Costing
- BCT 214 Advanced Commercial Estimating