- Shannon Baird, B.Arch., Oregon
- 18 years project management experience. Shannon teaches construction management courses at Rock Creek. His management experience ranges from small residential remodels to high-end residential construction and large commercial projects. For 8 years Shannon was the Senior Architect and Project Manager for a New York City based design firm, where he oversaw projects from design to completion with budgets ranging from $750,000 to over $5,000,000. Prior to that, he worked in Hong Kong for over 5 years where he oversaw the construction of the 210,000 sq. ft., 6 story Printemps Department Store in central Shanghai, China. Shannon has a 5 year professional architecture degree from the University of Oregon and a Master's Degree in Media Studies from The New School in New York City.
- Hilary Campbell CKD
Hilary oversees the Design / Build Remodeling program at PCC, and is a Certified Kitchen Designer with the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Hilary has over 20 years of experience in the residential and commercial construction industry, acting as both a designer and a project manager. She has overseen numerous high end residential projects, both new construction and renovation. Hilary also has experience in the commercial sector, recently working on a theater project in Palo Alto, CA and a dental clinic in Vancouver, WA. She received her Bachelors of Architecture from the University of Virginia, and a Masters in Architecture from Princeton.
- Kirk Garrison
- Kirk oversees the hands-on building construction technology degree at PCC. He has 12 years experience in commercial and residential construction. He has a strong background in concrete work, interior finish, and framing. Kirk also holds a Masters degree in History from Portland State University.
- Bob Steele
- 25 years Oregon Residential Construction Contractor, 7 years High School Instructor, Oregon and California Standard Teaching Credential, Bachelor of Science from California State Polytechnic University Pomona, Teacher Certification California State University Fullerton. Member of the Homebuilders Association, Portland Metro Chapter.
The BCT program has assembled one of the best groups of adjunct professors in the Northwest. This means great classes filled with "real world" learning.
- Bradford Fox
- Brad Fox teaches several of our hand and power tool safety courses, as well as residential construction codes. Brad has years of construction experience on residential projects. He joined the BCT department in 2010.
- BCT 106 Hand and Power Tool Safety
- ARCH 132 Residential Construction Codes
- Bernhard Masterson
- Bernhard Masterson is a Natural Builder who practices here in the greater Portland metropolitan area, and teaches courses on alternative building design and construction materials and methods. He has experience in cob, straw bale, and earthen construction practices. Bernhard joined the BCT department in 2011, and teaches our Alternative Building Design course.
- BCT 116 Alternative Building Design
- Alan Mitchell
- Alan Mitchell is a practicing attorney specializing in construction law. Alan joined the BCT department in 2013.
- BCT 221 Construction Law
- Corey Morris
- Corey is a licensed Architect in the State of Washington, and an expert in health care facilities design and construction. Corey joined the BCT faculty in 2012.
- BCT 202c Business Principles for Constructors
- BCT 213 Commercial Printreading
- Bruce Poinsette
Bruce Poinsette has been involved in construction safety for more than 33 years. He is a Safety & Loss Control Consultant, for the Associated General Contractors of America, Oregon-Columbia Chapter, providing safety training and program evaluations for member firms since 1989. Prior experience includes being a Loss Control Consultant for a major worker's compensation carrier and working in various capacities for what is now Oregon O.S.H.A.
He began his career as a Safety Compliance Officer in 1973 and as a Safety Consultant in 1982. He is an O.S.H.A. Outreach trainer. He is a member and twice past president of The American Society of Safety Engineers, Columbia- Willamette Chapter. In 2003 the chapter presented him with the chapter's Safety Professional of the Year Award. He is also member and past president of the Southeast Portland Rotary Club.
- BCT 130 Construction Safety
- Mike Raichart
- Mike Raichart teaches our cabinetmaking and cabinet installation courses. Mike joined the BCT department in 2013 after a career in the construction industry as a cabintmaker and installer.
- BCT 219 Cabinetmaking
- BCT 244 Kitchen and Bath Cabinet Installation
- Carl Tullis
- Carl Tullis is a commercial construction cost estimator, preconstruction coordinator and project manager with over 20 years of industry experience. Carl joined the BCT department in 2014
- BCT 204c Commercial Estimating
- BCT 207 Construction Job Costing
- BCT 214 Advanced Commercial Estimating