GM (ASEP) Program Suspended
The AAS degree in General Motors Automotive Service Education (ASEP) has been suspended for the 2010-2011 academic year. The Automotive Service Technology program will continue to be offered. For more information or availability of individual courses please contact the department advisor, Robin Burwell, at 971-722-4130.
The ASEP program is a "Degree only program", you will be expected to complete the two year PCC degree program. See an advisor to verify that you will be able to complete the required classes in the two year time frame.
Getting Started at PCC
- Apply for admission to PCC.
- Take the college placement test. See catalog for required scores (under Automotive Service Technology).
- Complete the PCC orientation.
Applying to the GM ASEP Program
- Complete the ASEP application.
- Contact program director, Scott Morgan to set up an advising session and review placement test results. Bring your ASEP application with you to the advising session.
- Obtain a GM Dealership sponsor. Print the dealership
application form and have your sponsoring dealership service manager
sign and return to:
Portland Community College
Attn: GM ASEP - Sylvania AM 210
P.O. Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280-0990
- Stay in contact with the ASEP office, and arrange to go to work for the sponsoring dealer as soon as possible.
Use the tuition calculator to estimate your tuition, fees and parking permit costs per term. The cost of books is not included in the cost estimator. Books average between $600 and $1000 for the entire two-year program. Tools are an additional cost for the program. A basic tool set will be needed and should cost between $200.00 and $400.00 for in-class use. Specialty tools will be supplied by the ASEP program. A quality apprentice tool set and box will be needed at the dealership. These sets range in cost. Please see the ASEP Program Director for specifics.