Apprenticeship is a partnership between business, industry, labor and government that enables a student to receive training in a skilled trade customarily learned in a practical way through classroom training and work on-the-job (OJT). Each apprenticeship trade has a Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC), which outlines the procedures required to become a journey person. This outline usually consists of two to five years of supervised, on-the-job experience in the chosen trade. PCC is the educational partner for some of the trades while the companion OJT component is obtained through application to the trade JATCs. OJT and trade related hours can only be logged once you are indentured. All apprentices must meet certain basic qualifications based on age, education, and experience. PCC can assist applicants in upgrading basic skills through our pre-apprenticeship/trades program as well as general classes.
The following apprentice trades conduct training classes with the PCC apprenticeship department. PCC is also the apprenticeship administrator for some of these trades.
- stationary engineers
- manufacturing plant electricians
- limited maintenance electricians
- HVAC/Refrigeration (heating, venting, air conditioning and refrigeration)
Current apprentices can login to the apprentice services webpage to submit Monthly Progress Reports (MPR's), update contact information, or view their progress in the program.
Degrees and Certificates
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate of Applied Science in Construction Trades, General Apprenticeship
- Associate of Applied Science in Electrician Apprenticeship Technologies
- Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology Apprenticeship
Certificates of Completion
- Limited Electrician Apprenticeship Technologies
- Electrician Apprenticeship Technologies
- Manual Trades Apprenticeship
- Construction Trades, General Apprenticeship
- Mechanical Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Industrial Mechanics & Maintenance Technology Apprentices
Electrical License Renewal/Continuing Education
PCC is an approved continuing education training agent for journeymen and women seeking electrical license renewal through the State of Oregon Electrical Licensing Division. PCC’s program provides both on- and off-site, journey level upgrade classes in accordance with the training laws for the State of Oregon.