Alcohol & Drug Counseling Admissions: Step 5
Complete prerequisite classes
The following prerequisite classes are available at Portland Community College. If you believe you have met the core requirements of any of these classes at other colleges, please contact email@example.com to have your transcripts "unofficially" evaluated to determine completion of requirements. Your classwork may need to be evaluated by the Department Chair as well, before you will be advised on whether your previous coursework meets PCC class requirements.
- AD 101 - Alcohol Use and Addiction
- WR 121 - English Composition
- LIB 101 - Library Research and Beyond (1 credit class)
All prerequisite classes must be passed with a grade 'C' or above.
Receiving admission points
- The Alcohol and Drug counseling program bases admission on points for classes taken in addition to the ones required as prerequisites. Please talk with an advisor to plan your classes so that you will be accepted into the program as soon as possible.
- All coursework that you receive points for are part of the AAS degree in Alcohol and Drug Counseling, and are not additional classes towards an AAS degree.
- For information on other classes you can take prior to entry into the program and those that receive admission points see the prerequisite worksheet