Steps to enroll in YES to College
Step 1: Complete Portland Community College online admissions process
Complete the PCC Admissions Application. While completing the application, select Credit for Application Type, and select Undeclared for Planned Course of Study. Once you have submitted the application, you will receive an email within 1-7 days with important information from PCC, including your Portland Community College Student ID number (G Number). If you need additional support, visit a campus Orientation Center.
Step 2: Attend the PCC ABE/GED placement testing session
Follow the procedures to test and enroll at your campus. Use the ABE Orientation and Placement sessions calendar to find the placement test at the campus you wish to attend. Click on the day you are interested in to see where there is a placement test. Placement tests are first-come, first-served, so you are advised to show up 45-60 minutes early.
Step 3: Complete the YES to College application packet
Download and complete the application packet.
- Complete the application packet in full. Don’t forget to sign it, and have your parent or guardian sign if you are under 18.
- Complete your written answers to the 3 short answer questions.
- Get a copy of your official high school transcript.
- Get the Release from Compulsory Education from your high school if you are under 18 years of age.
- Complete the Home Language Survey
- Please note: If you live in the Beaverton, David Douglas, Lake Oswego, Sherwood or Tigard-Tualatin School Districts, you must be approved by the district before applying to YES to College. You can contact your school counselor or the district office or email PCCPrep@pcc.edu to discuss approval for YES to College. Your application cannot be considered if you are not approved by the district.
Step 4: Attend the YES to College Information Session
At the Information Session, you will:
- Meet your College Success Coach
- Receive information on YES to College to help you decide whether it seems like a good fit for you.
- Have a chance to ask questions about the program.
- Get an application packet if you have not already done so.
- Allow us the chance to meet you and learn why you are interested in this program
Step 5: Acceptance
Upon meeting the deadlines for the admission process you will be notified by your college success coach. At this time, you will sign our program participation agreement, and be on your way to success!
If you are accepted and currently enrolled in high school or an alternative educational program, you will need to withdraw from school. You cannot be dually enrolled in YES to College and a high school or alternative education program.
If you have any questions or concerns about the program or the application process, please call the Outreach and Intake Coordinator at 971-722-6213 or your College Success Coach.
We look forward to meeting you!
- You must have valid, government issued, photo ID to take the GED and obtain your PCC Student ID card.
- All PCC parking lots require parking permits. You can buy a 1-day parking permit for $5 when you arrive on campus, or consider alternative transportation options. See Parking and Transportation for options.