Multicultural Academic Program Staff Profiles
- Jeff Laff, Manager of Multicultural Academic Program
I wanted to be part of MAP because of the opportunity to help make a difference for immigrant students who find themselves in challenging life circumstances. Helping students develop English language skills is an important step on the path to achieving the American Dream.
- Emma Zwaschka, College Success Coach
I have the benefit of being a part of the program, which values multicultural awareness and respect for diversity. The program responds to the community's needs by providing educational and support services to a diverse population. I enjoy working in a community college environment with multicultural staff and students that reflects the diverse country that we live in.
- Vanessa Hernandez, College Success Coach
I joined MAP because through this program I have the opportunity to help young immigrants learn English, obtain a GED and access college. I find it very exciting to help my students realize the opportunities that are waiting for them if they improve their education. The potential of young immigrant students is unlimited. I am proud of being involved in their education at this early stage of their lives and being able to help them achieve their dreams.
- Mathilda Lee, College Success Coach
- MAP is a safe environment to learn and improve your English Skills to further your educational and career goals. I am always impressed how MAP students demonstrate their resilience and resolve as they successfully complete the ESL courses, received a GED, a High School Diploma, and/or even college degrees despite the barriers of language, culture, family obligations, and other difficulties. I encourage students to enroll in MAP and take the first step towards fulfilling your dreams!