Our mission is to assist the high schools in Region 2-A to provide strong educational options in the area of Career and Technical Education. To inspire greatness in the individual student – instill capabilities – and offer options to build a successful future.
What is Career and Technical Education?
Probably no one teaches the application and relevance of academics better than CTE does.Larry Stevenson, UACTE President
Career and Technical Education (CTE) has at its core and focus the task of providing students the opportunity to acquire skills that prepare them for successful career entry, achievement, and/or continuing their education. These skills should be transferable as well as job specific and basic to the student's general education, ultimately providing them the foundation for life-long learning.
The Primary Objectives of CTE are:
- To give students the specific skills needed for job-entry positions now and broad transferable skills, allowing students further employment/education flexibility;
- To help students acquire an awareness of the future within high skill, high wage industries;
- To increase a student's options for occupational choice in the pursuit of a career as well as providing a cognitive base for post-secondary education;
- To provide both school and work-based learning experiences;
- To bridge the gap between education and the world of work