Who is in the Alliance?
PACTEC is an Alliance comprised of the following:
- Region 2-A Consortium - 8 Consortium Member high schools
- Region 2-A Direct Recipient Partners - 12 Direct Recipient Partner high schools from the Beaverton, Forest Grove and Hillsboro School Districts
- Alliance Partners - 6 Alliance Partner high schools from Portland Public School District (Region 2-C)
What does the Alliance provide?
Supporting a total of 75 Career Technical Education Programs of Study in the 26 high schools, the Alliance provides:
- Professional Development opportunities for continued teacher training
- Oversight of Perkins funds to enrich the established Programs of Study
- Opportunities for Non-Traditional student career exploration.
As an Alliance all members work together to build and sustain high quality Programs of Study, a required component of the Carl Perkins IV funding regulations.
Working with Portland Community College, as the post-secondary partner, the Alliance provides high quality educational opportunities in Career Technical Education. Each member of the PACTEC Alliance is committed to the success of the high school students in their classrooms and acknowledges the importance of CTE as they educate and train the students to be the emerging workforce in the 21st Century.
The Alliance is continually supporting and building partnerships:
- A Partnership with Region 2-A High Schools to support their Career Technical Education (CTE) Programs of Study.
- A Partnership with Business, Industry and Labor to support the development strong and relevant curriculum in the Programs of Study in the regions High Schools. Business, Industry and Labor work in partnership with CTE teachers to strengthen their curriculum to meet real work standards and expectations, enabling students to compete in the evolving job market.
- A Partnership with Portland Community College to provide the Post-Secondary educational pathway and guidance as students continue to study, work and train; honing their skills as they build toward their careers.