As a Dual Credit high school instructor, you are eligible for tuition reimbursement for coursework taken at Portland Community College. Only PCC credit courses in the your subject area are reimbursable (job related to current school assignment).
As part of the Oregon Dual Credit Standard, post-secondary institutions are to provide high school instructors with training and orientation in course curriculum, assessment criteria, course philosophy etc. Curriculum 3 of the Standards states that "college courses offered through dual credit will reflect the pedagogical, theoretical and philosophical orientation of the college's academic departments." In addition, Assessment 1 and 3 of the Standards states that "dual credit students are held to the same standards of achievement as those expected of students in on-campus sections, and dual credit students are assessed using similar methods as their on-campus counterparts." What better way to shore up any uncertainty then to take THE class you articulate or the next class in the sequence.
Step 1: Receive PCC Dual Credit Approval on PCC Course
You will need to complete the attached form for the course you are interested in receiving PCC Tuition Reimbursement for prior to registering for the course at PCC to verify it meets the PCC Dual Credit program's eligibility requirements.
Step 2: Apply to PCC Admissions
If you have never taken a class at PCC or if it has been more than two years since you did take a class, then you will NEED to apply online to PCC prior to registering.
- Go to Admissions to apply. (This essentially updates you in our system as also being a student.) Be sure to select the CREDIT application.
- Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming your application has been processed. This can take up to a couple of days, so plan ahead and apply ASAP!
Step 3: Register for Your PCC Course
- Log into your MyPCC portal at https://my.pcc.edu using your PCC User Name and Password.
- Once you are logged in, click on the My Courses tab
- In the Get Started column, click on Register for Classes.
- Clock on Add or Drop Classes
- In the Registration Term screen, select the appropriate Term.
- In the Add or Drop Classes screen, enter the CRNs you wish to register for. It is very important that you enter the correct CRN.
- Click on the Submit Changes to complete your registration.
Step 4: Pay for Your PCC Course
You will need to have the tuition and fee balance paid off in full for the current term you wish to be reimbursed for by the PCC Dual Credit program.
Payment for your PCC courses are due two weeks before the first day of the term. If you enroll after that date, payment is due immediately. Bills are issued beginning three weeks before the term. You can see your balance or access your bill online in the MyPCC Paying for College tab.
- Fall Term 2014:
- Payment due Monday, September 8, 2014
- Winter Term 2015:
- Payment due Monday, December 22, 2014
- Spring Term 2015:
- Payment due Monday, March 16, 2015
You must pay the full amount due or have an approved payment plan in place by the due dates shown approve. If you don't pay by the due date, one or more of the following steps will be taken:
- Deletion of your course registration.
- A late fee of up to 10% of your unpaid tuition and fees.
- A financial hold will be placed on future registration and transcripts.
- Collection of your past due balance by an outside agency. Accounts in collection are subject to additional charges and penalties.
Step 5: Process of Reimbursement
At the end of the term, the PCC Dual Credit office will verify you passed the class with a successful grade (A-C, P or Audit). After grade has been verified, the PCC Dual Credit office will process an reimbursement to be sent to your home mailing address.