Graduation Requirements for an Adult High School Diploma
In order to qualify for high school graduation, students must submit a graduation petition. Please print your completed form and be sure to sign your petition. This form can only be completed on-line. No changes can be saved here. You may bring or mail the completed petition for high school to your campus contact. It is strongly recommended that students:
- Complete the graduation petition 1 full term ahead of their scheduled graduation date in order to avoid any delays in processing petitions
- Meet with their campus High School Completion Specialist to complete the necessary program exit paperwork.
In order to graduate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the Adult HS Diploma State of Oregon minimum requirements of 24 high school credits. For the class of 2012, new State of Oregon requirement will be 24 high school credits.
- Meet the college English and mathematics competency requirements:
- Writing placement test less than three years old indicating placement at Writing 115 or completion of Writing 90 with a grade of "C" or better.
- Reading placement test less than three years old indicating placement at Reading 115 or completion of Reading 90 with a grade of "C" or better.
- Math placement test less than three years old indicating placement at Math 70 or higher or completion of Math 65 with a grade of "C" or better.
- Attend at least one complete term and satisfactorily pass a minimum of six college credit hours.
- Earn a minimum 2.0 overall GPA.
- Complete the Personalization of the AHSD paperwork with your campus HSC Specialist.
Graduating from the PCC AHSD Program
Each year PCC offers students a full cap and gown graduation ceremony. We encourage you to attend this event to celebrate your accomplishments with your friends, family, faculty and peers!
If you are graduating in the current academic year (fall, winter, spring or summer term), and have successfully completed all of the graduation requirements, you are eligible to participate in the PCC graduation ceremony. When filling out the graduation petition, please indicate whether you would like to participate. Graduation information will be emailed through MyPCC email accounts to students who have submitted their application by the annual college deadline for petition submission.