Graduation Requirements for an Adult High School Diploma
In order to qualify for high school graduation, students must submit a graduation petition. Please print your completed form and be sure to sign your petition. (Although this form can be completed online, no changes can be saved online.) Please bring your completed graduation petition to your campus contact. It is strongly recommended that students:
- Complete the graduation petition 1 full term ahead of their scheduled graduation date in order to avoid any delays in processing petitions.
- Meet with their campus contact to complete the necessary program exit paperwork.
In order to graduate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Adult HS Diploma State of Oregon minimum requirements of 24 high school credits.
- Graduation requirements vary depending upon when the student entered the 9th grade. See your campus contact for guidance.
- Students who entered the 9th grade in 2009 or later are required to meet Oregon's essential skills in writing. Review the Official Scoring Guide for the writing sample option. Other options to demonstrate the essential skill in writing may be avaiilable to you. See your campus contact for guidance.
Graduating from the PCC AHSD Program
Each year PCC offers students a full cap and gown graduation ceremony. We encourage you to attend this event to celebrate your accomplishments with your friends, family, faculty and peers!
If you are graduating in the current academic year (fall, winter, spring or summer term), and have successfully completed all of the graduation requirements, you are eligible to participate in the PCC graduation ceremony. When filling out the graduation petition, please indicate whether you would like to participate. Graduation information will be emailed through MyPCC email accounts to students who have submitted their application by the annual college deadline for petition submission.