Technology for Checkout
The Library has a variety of technology for student checkout. This equipment is purchased with PCC Student Technology funds. The Library also has a collection of Adaptive Technology for checkout, and the Disability Services Office has additional adaptive equipment available.
Check Out Guidelines
- Currently enrolled PCC students taking credit classes can check out equipment.
- One of the IDs listed below is required for checkout
- PCC ID with picture
- Government issued ID with picture
- These items cannot be placed on hold, reserved, or renewed.
- An item must remain on the shelf for one hour before the same person checks it out again.
- If an item is returned just before closing, it must remain on the shelf overnight.
- Items must be returned to the library desk where they were borrowed.
- Do not place any items in the library drop box.
- Notify library staff of any loss, damage or defect immediately upon return of the item.
Equipment, loan periods & fines
The equipment below is available at all PCC Library locations unless otherwise noted.
Limits, Renewals and Fines
- Limits – 1 item checkout per equipment type
- Renewals – There are no renewals on equipment.
- Overdue fine – $10 per day (except headphones which are $0.25 per day)
Security and use
- Patrons are responsible for equipment checked out to them until it is checked back in with all associated accessories.
- PCC is not responsible for damage to any removable drive or loss of data that may occur due to malfunctioning hardware or software.
- Removing or installing programs, creating user accounts, or otherwise tampering with equipment is not allowed. This type of activity may result in fines or future denial of check out privileges.
- Library staff are not responsible for providing instruction in using for using the equipment.
- Laptops and netbooks will delete any saved data at shutdown. Save data to a storage device or web space.