Technology for Checkout
The Library has a variety of technology for student checkout. This equipment is purchased with PCC Student Technology funds. The Library also has a collection of Adaptive Technology for checkout and the Disability Services Office has additional adaptive equipment available. Faculty and Staff can check out Audiovisual Equipment beginning Fall term, 2016.
Check Out Guidelines
- Currently enrolled PCC students taking credit classes can check out equipment.
- One of the IDs listed below is required for checkout
- PCC ID with picture
- Government issued ID with picture
- These items cannot be placed on hold, reserved, or renewed.
- An item must remain on the shelf for one hour before the same person checks it out again.
- If an item is returned just before closing, it must remain on the shelf overnight.
- Items must be returned to the library desk where they were borrowed.
- Do not place any items in the library drop box.
- Notify library staff of any loss, damage or defect immediately upon return of the item.
Security and use
- Patrons are responsible for equipment checked out to them until it is checked back in with all associated accessories.
- PCC is not responsible for damage to any removable drive or loss of data that may occur due to malfunctioning hardware or software.
- Removing or installing programs, creating user accounts, or otherwise tampering with equipment is not allowed. This type of activity may result in fines or future denial of check out privileges.
- Library staff are not responsible for providing instruction in using the equipment.
- Laptops and netbooks will delete any saved data at shutdown. Save data to a storage device or web space.
Equipment, loan periods & fines
The equipment below is available at all PCC Library locations unless otherwise noted.
Limits, Renewals and Fines
- Limits – 1 item checkout per equipment type
- Renewals – There are no renewals on equipment.
- Overdue fine – $10 per day (except headphones which are $0.25 per day)