Using Course Reserves
Ways to search
Type your instructor’s name into the “Search by Instructor” box and click the search button. If you are not sure how to spell the name, check the alphabetical list of instructors. Select your class from the list.
Type your class abbreviation (as it appears in the schedule) in the “Search by Course” box. Click the search button. Select your instructor then class from the list.
Select your program from the drop down box in the “Browse by Program” area. Click the search button. Select your class from the list.
By Campus and Class
Type your campus code and class abbreviation in the “Search by Campus and Class” box (e.g. RC BI 234).
- Search for e-reserves in the library catalog
- Click on the title of the item you wish to view
- Log-in to your PCC account when prompted
- If requested, enter the course password (provided by your instructor)
- The e-reserve will display in PDF format. These files are large and may take several minutes to load.
- Printing tip: To print a PDF, use the Adobe print icon on the PDF toolbar
- Need help? Call 971-722-8222 and talk with student help desk staff.
Ask for reserves at the library checkout desk. These are available on a first come first serve basis. You may checkout 3 items or 1 video at a time. Most items are library-use only, but some may go out of the library for short periods of time (determined by Instructors).
Return items to the same checkout desk where they were borrowed. Fines for overdue reserves are $.25 per hour. Renewals are allowed only if there is a copy on the shelf; otherwise it must be returned for a minimum of 15 minutes.