Summit is the combined catalog of member libraries of the Orbis Cascade Alliance. These Pacific Northwest academic libraries have joined together to allow easy searching, requesting, and delivery of their more than 27 million items to credit students, staff and faculty. Summit borrowing is available to all currently enrolled credit-seeking students.
Requesting Summit items
- You must be currently enrolled as a credit student to have Summit privileges.
- Find the item you want in the library catalog
- Click on the "Availability & Request Options" link near the title.
- In the "Availability & Request Options" tab, click on the "Request Item (about 5 days)" Link.
- In the "Summit Libraries" section, click on "Request Summit Item"
- At the display type or select "Portland Community College" from the list and select "Continue"
- Log in using with your PCC account username and password
- On the "Request this item" page, select the requested edition if a specific edition is required, select pickup location then select "continue"
- A "Request Submitted" confirmation screen will indicate that the request has been assigned a borrowing request number.
- Important: When you are done, click "Sign Out" in the upper right corner of the page. Also, be sure to close out of the browser window to ensure that you are fully closed out of your account.
- Materials can be picked up at the requested PCC location in about five days.
Status of request (My Summit Account)
- Log into your summit account from one of three places:
- Use the Login to your Summit account link at the top of this page.
- Library home page: Select "My Library" (on the upper right) then "My Summit Requests"
- Library catalog - After searching for an item, select "My Account" in the upper right corner. This logs you in to your library account only. Return to the item and select "Request item (about 5 days)" to have the "My Summit" account link display in the top right corner.
- Select "Portland Community College" and "Continue"
- Sign in with your PCC account user name and password, then select "Login"
- Your request list will display
- Select the "View Detail" link to see specific information about the status of the request
Arrival and pick-up of items
- You will be notified by PCC email when the item is available for pick up.
- Items must be picked up within 7 calendar days after they are available.
- Regular loan period: 6 weeks with no renewal.
- Short-term loan period: 6 days with no renewal (videos and CDs)
- Important: Do not remove or discard the book bands, stickers, or accompanying paging slips from Summit items to ensure proper credit to your record for returned materials.
Borrowing from another Summit library
To arrange to pick up your Summit materials from another Summit library, you will be asked to present your picture PCC ID card (with current term sticker) at the other Summit library. Once verified, you will be "adopted" as one of that library's patrons. Once you are "adopted", you can submit and pick up your Summit requests as if you were the other library's patron.