Appealing Library Charges
Library users may appeal library fines or charges for lost or damaged materials, if they believe the charges have been mistakenly assessed or that extenuating circumstances warrant reduction or cancellation of the library charges billed through the PCC Business Offices. Appeals should be made within 60 calendar days of the original billing. You will receive a response via e-mail within 2 weeks.
Reasons generally NOT regarded as valid for canceling or reducing charges:
- Lack of knowledge of library policy
- Disagreement with fine or fee structure
- Inability to pay fees and charges
- Material loaned to a third party
- Non-receipt or late receipt of library reminder notice
- Items returned to libraries other than the PCC library
- Being out of town
- Forgetting the due date
- Term breaks, illness, leaves, vacation, exams, car problems, etc.