Zoo Water Quality Management
Research support framework
The following shows where Zoo Water Quality Management fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can explain and describe my position on this issue, and support it with primary sources
- I can accurately summarize the scholarly conversation
- Complexity in research and analysis
- Participant in scholarly conversation
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
Information literacy is in other parts of the CCOG
- Demonstrate competence in locating and applying scientific papers on behavioral management.
- History and research in applied animal behavior
- Interpretation and application of scientific literature to behavior management
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate research level, peer-reviewed information sources related to animal behavior
- Assess information sources for discipline specific relevancy
- Use indicators of authority and affiliation to determine reliability
- Identify sources for full text articles from research level journals from library databases and online sources
- Identify indicators of authority from publishing process, official documentation, and expert opinion
- Use controlled vocabulary and database search limiters to construct efficient search strategy
- Recognize authors' affiliation statements in journal articles
- Recognize agencies as corporate authors
- Navigate to library website, and select relevant databases
- Use background reading to construct reasonable topic statement