Zoo Biology & Management III - Birds
Research support framework
The following shows where Zoo Biology & Management III - Birds fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can use these resources to identify pro and con positions
- I understand the scholarly conversation in this discipline and can recognize the experts
- Intellectual inquiry
- Engagement with scholarly resources
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Effectively research and communicate information about a diversity of birds to a variety of audiences
- Critical analysis of papers and case studies dealing with the successful management of sustained captive populations
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate research level, peer-reviewed information sources related to captive birds
- Assess information sources for discipline specific relevancy
- Use indicators of authority and affiliation to determine reliability
- Identify sources for full text articles from research level journals from library databases and online sources
- Identify indicators of authority from publishing process, official documentation, and expert opinion
- Use controlled vocabulary and database search limiters to construct efficient search strategy
- Recognize authors' affiliation statements in journal articles
- Recognize agencies as corporate authors
- Navigate to library website, and select relevant databases
- Use background reading to construct reasonable topic statement