Research support framework
The following shows where Writing 90 fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can identify a topic
- I can identify library services and know which ones can help me
- Identifying interests
- Intellectual and career exploration
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in written responses to text.
- Utilize basic word processing in writing.
- Demonstrate successful college student behaviors.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate text to analyze for themes to respond to
- Use productivity software to compose essays
- Acknowledge use of outside sources
- Use online catalog to locate books and articles
- Use computers in library labs, and recognize staff who can answer technical questions
- Identify indicators of authority, currency, and location for listing sources used
- Identify a general area of interest
- Identify location of library facility
- Understand the concept of copyright and intellectual property