Research support framework
The following shows where Stress Management fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I know what the library is, and where it is
- I feel like the library is a welcoming place
- I know who the librarians are
- Time management
- Note Taking
- Building on incremental successes
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
Define the physiological/psychological effects of stress
Documentation and reflection on observations
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Understand that the library is a place to connect to the college
- Improve studentship, using listening and task focus to learn fundamental searching skills
- Explore stress management information available through the library
- Recognize the librarians, and the services and study areas available in the library
- Identify library tools and opportunities for locating information through the library website
- Use the library catalog to identify useful classifications to explore in the stacks
- Connect records in library catalog to items on shelf
- Skim result lists to locate relevant sources, when search terms are not in the titles or abstracts
- Use self reflection to improve search strategy