Scholarships: $$ for College
Research support framework
The following shows where Scholarships: $$ for College fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can identify a topic
- I can identify library services and know which ones can help me
- Identifying interests
- Intellectual and career exploration
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Learn to quickly and effectively research a large variety of pertinent scholarships, focusing on the Internet
- Demonstrate research skills by reporting on scholarships for which they are eligible, accessed via internet searches
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Identify scholarship providers
- Locate evaluative information about appropriate scholarships
- Rank choices for scholarship applications based on predicted outcome
- Identify professional organizations and associations, as well as local providers, to search for scholarship information
- Use library databases to fact-check and triangulate feedback about potential scholarships and scholarship providers
- Understand the usefulness of blogs, groups, and list-servs to learn about the scholarship seeking process
- Identify career or degree area of interest
- Self reflect and identify key characteristics of self
- Understand concept of encompassing terms