Research support framework
The following shows where Public Speaking fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Make responsible decisions though the increased ability to critically examine ideas and information
- Research papers
- Provide adequate and credible supporting material that is appropriate based on the topic, audience setting and purpose. Demonstrate awareness of available types of support.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Select credible information sources to support an informational presentation
- Use various types of information sources
- Identify audience and purpose of information sources
- Develop a specific topic statement
- Identify likely providers of reliable information on the topic, including images and video as well as text
- Identify indicators of the type of publication, purpose, and authorship and currency
- Ability to narrow a search to a specific topic
- Understand the information cycle
- Ability to differentiate between types of sources available through the library website, including books, videos, articles