Principles of Architectural Design
Research support framework
The following shows where Principles of Architectural Design fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can identify a topic
- I can identify library services and know which ones can help me
- Identifying interests
- Intellectual and career exploration
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
Analyze and describe the built environment using terminology of basic design principles
Evaluation will be based on several design projects and research projects,
Analyze a library in terms of its response to its site and program.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Identify key services and purposes of library as physical space
- Analyze success of library architectural design for addressing key services and purposes
- Locate reliable information about current and innovative library site design
- Tour(s) of a library site including staff areas
- Locate library mission statement and other relevant statements of purposes and practices
- Use library databases which index journals related to library science
- Locate library facility at one of the college campuses
- Contact and interview necessary library staff
- Navigate to and explore library web site