Research support framework
The following shows where Mass Communication fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- Are the qualities of the results what I need?
- Can these information sources help support my thesis?
- Directed searching in discipline-specific contexts
- Connecting sources and integrating them
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Continue to recognize the connections between media freedoms and democracy in order to maintain that delicate balance between freedom of the press and freedom of the society
- Research papers
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Recognize and acknowledge owner of intellectual property
- Identify audience and purpose of media sources
- Identify whether sources are attributed properly
- Identify likely providers of reliable information on the topic, including various types of media
- Identify indicators of the type of media, place in the publication cycle, purpose, currency
- Identify indicators of authorship, ownership, fact checking and attribution
- Ability to narrow a search to a specific topic
- Understand the publication cycle
- Recognize the utility of using the library website for locating background information, secondary sources, and analysis