Level 8 Academic Reading
Research support framework
The following shows where Level 8 Academic Reading fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can identify a topic
- I can identify library services and know which ones can help me
- Time management
- Note Taking
- Building on incremental successes
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Articulate an understanding of thematic, social, cultural and ethical concerns expressed in authentic written materia
- Use skimming and scanning to find specific information
- Develop questions based on readings
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Distinguish sources types based on the publication cycle and basic indicators of authority (author, title, publisher/provider)
- Extend from personal schema to searchable topic
- Identify information sources outside of personal frame of reference
- Use simple topic search in online catalog and examine types of sources in result list
- Revise topic area to topic statement through process of identifying concepts in published sources
- Select relevant sources based on related concepts
- Identify synonyms and related concepts
- Navigate to library website
- Identify information needs and access assistance from library staff