Level 7 Academic Writing
Research support framework
The following shows where Level 7 Academic Writing fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Apply linguistic knowledge to clearly communicate through writing in professional, civic, and academic situations commonly encountered in the U.S.
- avoid plagiarism
- distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information
- distinguish between facts and opinions
- categorize information quickly
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Identify and select relevant and readable sources on a topic
- Analyze sources for indicators of point of view, purpose, and audience
- Identify components for citing sources properly including authorship, title of item and title of what contains it, date, publisher.
- Use web searching with limiters
- Select a relevant database on stated topic
- Compare types of sources to identify indicators of purpose, authorship, date and type of publication
- Develop a search strategy for a particular topic
- Recognize bias, including their own
- Navigate to useful search tools, including library sources