Level 7 Academic Communication
Research support framework
The following shows where Level 7 Academic Communication fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can identify a topic
- I can identify library services and know which ones can help me
- Identifying interests
- Intellectual and career exploration
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Synthesize information from readings and multimedia sources as well as life experiences in order to discuss and present.
- effectively analyze information from three or more sources and form clarifying questions and/or a well-supported thesis (From Course Content, Competencies and Skills, from the CCOG)
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Select an interest area, or designated topic, to gather information sources about it
- Identify and select relevant and readable sources on a topic
- Develop a search strategy for a particular topic
- Skim result list to select relevant sources, based on concept as well as term-matching
- Use e-mail or print feature from library databases
- Understand the usefulness of books to introduce or summarize topics
- Differentiate between books on shelf by classification number, and articles in full text through library databases