Level 5 Reading
Research support framework
The following shows where Level 5 Reading fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I know what the library is, and where it is
- I feel like the library is a welcoming place
- I know who the librarians are
- Time management
- Note Taking
- Building on incremental successes
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
Information literacy content is in other parts of the CCOG
- Correlate information from multiple sources for oral or written response
- Use the Internet to conduct research
- Participate in a library orientation
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate the library as physical place and as online service
- Define an interest area, or designated topic, to gather information sources about it
- Define search terms for interest area
- Listen during walking tour of library
- Locate and select book(s) to check out and take home in the ESOL collection
- Use online catalog to connect "records" to "items"
- Get a PCC student identification (G-number)
- Understand that key words can be used to identify the topics within books as well as other information sources