Investigation Techniques for Paralegals
Research support framework
The following shows where Investigation Techniques for Paralegals fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can use these resources to identify pro and con positions
- I understand the scholarly conversation in this discipline and can recognize the experts
- Intellectual inquiry
- Engagement with scholarly resources
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Improving critical thinking and written communication skills required for locating information and keeping records
- Mastering the oral and written communications and critical thinking skills needed to perform basic statutory construction. Students will practice locating people and information on line, analyze statutes pertaining to investigation techniques, discuss trends in the investigation industry, learn and practice a team-oriented approach to litigation.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Formulate complex multi-level search process
- Construct contextual indicators authority of information source
- Locate sources to verify information points
- Assemble stages and strategies for retrieving valid information
- Use appropriate library databases and online sources
- Detect affiliation(s) of information providers
- Ability to question assumptions
- Recognize utility of recognizing connections between sources
- Ability to analyze purpose and scope of library databases and reference tools