Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing
Research support framework
The following shows where Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- Are the qualities of the results what I need?
- Can these information sources help support my thesis?
- Directed searching in discipline-specific contexts
- Connecting sources and integrating them
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Use developed abilities and habits in the information methods of the industry to communicate and find information on: business news, processes, advances, technical data, etc.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Use background knowledge to develop a specific topic statement for searching
- Search library databases for articles on topics relevant to the particular stage of semiconductor design and manufacture in the MT courses
- Locate industry specific journals to browse
- Locate current job descriptions and for positions open in the field
- Locate information about local semiconductor and related industries
- Use online catalog for e-books to locate table of contents to browse
- Select relevant library databases for locating professional level articles
- Use article linker and web searching to browse for relevant and industry specific journal issues available in full text
- Search state and federal sites for official job descriptions
- Use newspaper databases for published information about local companies and locally-developed technologies
- Ability to use “format” limiters in online catalog
- Understanding of search strategy requiring encompassing concepts