Introduction to Ophthalmics
Research support framework
The following shows where Introduction to Ophthalmics fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- Are the qualities of the results what I need?
- Can these information sources help support my thesis?
- Directed searching in discipline-specific contexts
- Connecting sources and integrating them
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Distinguish various career paths available in the ophthalmic professions and the educational requirements for each.
- Understand the legal ramifications of confidentiality, bioethics and scope of practice as a base of knowledge for future course work and work in the industry.
- The methods may include one or more of the following tools: examinations, quizzes, homework assignments, research papers, and student participation
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate relevant sources for career and professional development
- Use reliable sources of information, both consumer and professionally oriented
- Identify indicators for citations
- Select relevant library databases or other online information providers
- Distinguish aspects of authority in information sources
- Locate and use generated citations or capture citation elements
- Adapt keywords for effective searching
- Locate database list on library home page
- Locate websites of relevant organizations and other providers of reliable data