Introduction to Medical Science
Research support framework
The following shows where Introduction to Medical Science fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Set up search strategy with both colloquial and scientific terminology as well as numerical codes
- Identify and select relevant and readable sources on a topic
- Analyze sources for indicators of authority
- Use appropriate limiters in search strategy with search terms on a variety of levels
- Select relevant databases or reliable web-based information providers on stated topic
- Compare types of sources to identify indicators of authority
- Develop a topic with a variety of approaches, with specific to broad terms and concepts
- Develop a search strategy
- Navigate to useful search tools, including library sources