Introduction to Dementia Care
Research support framework
The following shows where Introduction to Dementia Care fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can use these resources to identify pro and con positions
- I understand the scholarly conversation in this discipline and can recognize the experts
- Intellectual inquiry
- Engagement with scholarly resources
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Information literacy is in other parts of the CCOG
- Completion of research-supported papers, assignments and group projects meeting defined standards.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate current, research-level articles
- Locate relevant government data
- Locate books for overviews of related topics
- Search health databases for journal articles, sort for currency
- Search for case law in Lexis-Nexis as well as use relevant government web sites
- Use keyword searching with truncation for in-depth searching in the online catalog
- Ability to navigate library web site to find and select relevant databases
- Enough familiarity with the field of Gerontology to refine the topic to a researchable question
- Understand the principle of encompassing concepts
- Time management, to allow for intercampus or interlibrary loan when necessary