Introduction to Business
Research support framework
The following shows where Introduction to Business fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the forces that shape the business and economic structure of the United States of America
- small group problem solving of questions arising from application of course concepts and concerns to actual experience, oral presentations, and a stock market game
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate and use reliable and current information sources to identify trends in the stock market
- Locate and use reliable and current information sources to learn aspects of marketing
- Locate and use reliable and current information sources to find trends in business technology
- Identify relevant databases for business topics
- Select relevant industry journal articles
- Identify reliable sources of business information, provided by recognized organizations and associations
- Navigate to library web site, and database list
- Differentiate commercial information from critical information sources
- Identify synonyms for topic words