Introduction to Animal Behavior
Research support framework
The following shows where Introduction to Animal Behavior fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can explain and describe my position on this issue, and support it with primary sources
- I can accurately summarize the scholarly conversation
- Complexity in research and analysis
- Participant in scholarly conversation
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
Information literacy is in other parts of the CCOG
- Interpretation and application of scientific literature
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate research level, peer-reviewed information sources related to animal behavior
- Assess information sources for discipline specific relevancy
- Use indicators of authority and affiliation to determine reliability
- Identify sources for full text articles from research level journals from library databases and online sources
- Identify indicators of authority from publishing process, official documentation, and expert opinion
- Use controlled vocabulary and database search limiters to construct efficient search strategy
- Recognize authors' affiliation statements in journal articles
- Recognize agencies as corporate authors
- Navigate to library website, and select relevant databases
- Use background reading to construct reasonable topic statement