Introduction to Abnormal Psychology
Research support framework
The following shows where Introduction to Abnormal Psychology fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can use these resources to identify pro and con positions
- I understand the scholarly conversation in this discipline and can recognize the experts
- Intellectual inquiry
- Engagement with scholarly resources
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Become a more effective consumer of and advocate for mental health care services through an understanding of the various approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders
Written assignments designed to integrate course material into personal experience, such as case studies, reflection paper etc…
- Research Methods in Abnormal Psychology
- Provide specific examples of how psychological disorders are treated.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Categorize mental disorders according to current classification
- Locate case studies about the efficacy of treatments of mental disorders
- Differentiate between popular and scholarly sources, and synthesize information from various reliable sources
- Use current classification of mental disorders to locate current treatment information
- Develop a search strategy for locating current information on defining and treating mental disorders
- Use consumer-based information sources and peer-reviewed information sources as appropriate
- Differentiate common vernacular from scientific terms for mental disorders
- Understand that terms for mental disorders change over time
- Understand the hierarchy of psychological nomenclature
- Identify specific topic to research