Research support framework
The following shows where Human Development fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can explain and describe my position on this issue, and support it with primary sources
- I can accurately summarize the scholarly conversation
- Complexity in research and analysis
- Participant in scholarly conversation
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Evaluate research using a multidisciplinary view of development that includes cross-cultural perspectives.
Research and write about relevant topics.
- Identify recent research and findings in the field of human development and be able to assess their validity.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Articulate the scholarly conversations on topics related to human development
- Analyze the arguments presented in scholarly sources
- Select sources based on validity and relevance
- Scan the journal and conference literature in human development for recent findings
- Locate and compare studies on similar research questions using library databases and scholarly online sources
- Evaluate sources for discipline-specific indicators of authority, affiliation, and validity
- Differentiate sources based on the publication cycle, alternative forms of publication, audience, purpose
- Understand the process of peer-review
- Use various terms to search for concepts (synonyms, jargon, encompassing concepts)
- Understand the differences between perspective v. point of view