Honors Capstone Experience
Research support framework
The following shows where Honors Capstone Experience fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can explain and describe my position on this issue, and support it with primary sources
- I can accurately summarize the scholarly conversation
- Complexity in research and analysis
- Participant in scholarly conversation
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Plan and execute a complex project.
- Locate appropriate venue to demonstrate disciplinary expertise.
- Document project development progress for sophisticated audiences.
- Planning and completing sophisticated discipline-specific projects
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Choose discipline-specific research question
- Assess authority and relevance of primary and secondary information sources
- Document search strategies and connections between sources
- Use library tools and scholarly online sources to locate background, introductory information on the perspectives of researchers in the topic area of choice
- Choose relevant library databases for access to full text primary and secondary documents
- Collect citation information for sources and learn to access "cited by"
Differentiate between perspective and point of view, and extend thought beyond personal opinion
Develop a researchable question
Read widely and deeply on a particular topic
Identify information sources alternative to published (media, authorities to interview)