History of Western Art
Research support framework
The following shows where History of Western Art fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Appreciate art and architecture in general, and enjoy a life enriched by the exposure to and the understanding of personal and cultural achievement
research, plan, compose, edit and revise short papers
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate and evaluate sources of information for authenticity and relevance
- Navigate to useful proprietary database sources
- Understand issues of copyright and intellectual property, and Identify elements of citation
- Locate and use licensed image banks, and electronic information sources which have editorial oversight
- Locate and use appropriate library databases for information and images
- Use citations generated from databases or collect indicators to properly attribute sources
- Identify “authorship” of art and architecture
- Identify genres of art and architecture and coinciding time period to inform search terms
- Navigate to and differentiate between library databases