Health Information Technology 1
Research support framework
The following shows where Health Information Technology 1 fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on various health record systems related to the acquisition, indexing, retrieval, transfer and storage of healthcare data and information.
- Show competence in completing library and database research on an assigned health care topic.
- database research techniques
- library research techniques
Addendum to Course Description: Perform knowledge base/library research.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Apply a search strategy when looking for relevant information
- Add to knowledge base with reliable information sources
- Track developing trends in the field by accessing current industry specific news and research
- Use online catalog for discovery search of both books and articles, testing usefulness of search terms
- Choose informative and readable sources from database search results
- Browse library full text journals for industry specific periodicals
- Develop a search strategy for a particular topic
- Navigate to useful search tools, including library sources
- Combine ideas from several sources