Habitats: Life of the Forests
Research support framework
The following shows where Habitats: Life of the Forests fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
Information literacy is in other parts of the CCOG
- Understand how to locate and access information relative to forest ecosystems with the use of web based tools as well as PCC library
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Identify relevant information sources
- Locate relevant information sources
- Recognize utility of information sources available from the library
- Identify purpose, that is, bias and for-profit, in information sources
- Locate relevant sources efficiently
- Navigate to library databases, catalog, and other tools
- Articulate research specific research topic within larger context
- Identify information providers and their perspective
- Build a search strategy and modify as needed