Foundations of Nursing - Health Promotion
Research support framework
The following shows where Foundations of Nursing - Health Promotion fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- Are the qualities of the results what I need?
- Can these information sources help support my thesis?
- Directed searching in discipline-specific contexts
- Connecting sources and integrating them
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
Information literacy is in other parts of the CCOG
- Health promotion across the lifespan
- Evidence based practice
- Written papers
From the Course Description: "To support self and client health practices, students learn to access research evidence about healthy lifestyle patterns and risk factors for disease/ illness. . . ."
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Measure factualness and validity of sources
- Use search strategies familiar to nurses
- Locate scientific reports, journal articles, and other professional level artifacts
- Define indicators of evidence-based research
- Identify relevant databases for topic and use controlled vocabularies in searching
- Use specialized search engines, library databases and journal browsing to locate sources that nurses would use
- Define a research topic in a hierarchical fashion, broad to specific
- Differentiate key words from subject headings
- Locate relevant and reliable sources for building background knowledge