Fitness Technology Seminar
Research support framework
The following shows where Fitness Technology Seminar fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- Are the qualities of the results what I need?
- Can these information sources help support my thesis?
- Directed searching in discipline-specific contexts
- Connecting sources and integrating them
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Research and apply data to choose a career path in the Health and Fitness industry.
- Research papers
- Researching health and fitness issues by accessing and interpreting articles in health/fitness professional journals
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Select and search relevant library databases for general interest and peer-reviewed articles about chosen topic
- Identify indicators of authority and reliability in information sources
- Compare data and statistics on fitness careers from various information sources
- Identify relevant databases for topical and career information, and browse list of full text journals and magazines (Journals A-Z) for industry specific periodicals
- Use peer-reviewed limit for searching library databases, and other indicators of authority such as documentary organizations and government agencies
- Identify sources for current and reliable career data
- Adapt keywords for effective searching
- Locate databases and online catalog on library home page