Environments and Curriculum 1
Research support framework
The following shows where Environments and Curriculum 1 fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Identify principles and components of appropriate environments and curriculum
- Complete and present a term project.
- Selecting Materials for environments for young children
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Prepare a search strategy with synonyms and alternative terms for concepts
- Employ skimming of industry and curriculum development publications for ideas
- Choose informative and readable sources for developing lesson plans
- Use online catalog for discovery search of both books and articles, testing usefulness of search terms
- Browse library full text journals for industry specific periodicals
- Download relevant articles, with images, as appropriate
- Develop a search strategy for a particular topic
- Navigate to useful search tools, including library sources
- Combine ideas from several sources