Environmental Studies Orientation
Research support framework
The following shows where Environmental Studies Orientation fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- Are the qualities of the results what I need?
- Can these information sources help support my thesis?
- Directed searching in discipline-specific contexts
- Connecting sources and integrating them
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Utilize library and computer based resources for obtaining environmental information.
- Locating and accessing information
- Research paper on environmental career
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Separate consumer oriented information from official and documentary information
- Differentiate information sources based on indicators of affiliation and authority
- Select relevant information from published sources and documentary data
- Appraise library databases and online sources for probability of providing useful and reliable information
- Distinguish peer-reviewed, scholarly sources from general interest, biased, or unvetted information
- Identify strategies for retrieving valid information in relevant format(s)
- Ability to question assumptions
- Recognize utility of recognizing connections between sources
- Ability to analyze purpose and scope of library databases and reference tools