Electronic Media & Reality
Research support framework
The following shows where Electronic Media & Reality fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can use these resources to identify pro and con positions
- I understand the scholarly conversation in this discipline and can recognize the experts
- Intellectual inquiry
- Engagement with scholarly resources
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Recognize and reflect on the nature of the social and aesthetic issues associated with electronic media in order to meaningfully interact with electronic media in society.
- Essays in the form of in-class exams, short papers, or term papers
- Analyze, discuss, and write about TV programming and other forms of media content.
- Short papers or term papers
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate analysis of media trends to support research argument
- Locate examples of electronic media
- Use library catalog and library databases to locate relevant sources
- Employ search strategies to identify attributable electronic media sources
- Articulate a research topic
- Develop a search strategy