Drug Use and Addiction
Research support framework
The following shows where Drug Use and Addiction fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- Are the qualities of the results what I need?
- Can these information sources help support my thesis?
- Directed searching in discipline-specific contexts
- Connecting sources and integrating them
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Access, interpret and summarize peer reviewed and evidence-based research regarding substance use, trauma and/or treatment outcomes.
- professional journal reviews
- research papers
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Identify sources for peer reviewed research reports
- Identify sources evidence-based research
- Select sources for peer reviewed and evidence-based research
- Incorporate sources into writing, with proper citation
- Select relevant library database(s) to search for peer-reviewed research reports
- Identify and select sources for electronically published journal articles or datasets
- Select sources relevant to a specific topic
- Identify indicators for citing
- Understand what the “peer-reviewed” process for addiction and drug counseling
- Locate library databases
- Identify scientific terms for common vernacular terms
- Identify keywords and concepts for a search strategy