Drafting Orientation (Computer Aided Drafting and Design)
Research support framework
The following shows where Drafting Orientation (Computer Aided Drafting and Design) fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- Are the qualities of the results what I need?
- Can these information sources help support my thesis?
- Directed searching in discipline-specific contexts
- Connecting sources and integrating them
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Students will develop a general knowledge of the function of drafters in the local employment environment
- Students will engage in internet activities that explore the world of drafting and design
- Engage in internet activities that explore and define the world of drafting and design.
From the Course Description: Covers the fundamentals of technical report writing, memos, resume development, and internet research of technical products related to drafting and design.
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Develop search strategy for retrieving current information on technical products
- Locate drafting and design employers in the local area
- Separate commercially-oriented information from analysis and critique, and use each appropriately
- Use web searching strategies to find industry information and images
- Use directories, databases, and web searching to identify local employers
- Identify indicators of authority, currency, and relevance in information sources
- Adapt keywords for effective searching
- Locate database list on library home page
- Use search terms to indicate type of information provider