Dental Hygiene Theory III
Research support framework
The following shows where Dental Hygiene Theory III fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can use these resources to identify pro and con positions
- I understand the scholarly conversation in this discipline and can recognize the experts
- Intellectual inquiry
- Engagement with scholarly resources
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Research and write a formal paper on a student selected special needs topic and present it to the class
- Access professional and research resource
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Devise topic statement and identify reliable sources
- Use library databases and professional-level internet resources
- Select and evaluate sources for currency, audience, purpose and authority
- Identify relevant library databases and scholarly or professional information sources
- Identify key words and use controlled vocabularies (subject headings, thesauri)
- Compare non-mediated to mediated sources
- Develop topics based on available full text published sources
- Capture citation information